On an average, 26% of American households experience some form of violence. Children are often victims. If you know a child that needs help, please use the number above.
Here are some statistics dealing with child abuse
* Child abuse occurs in 30-60% of family violence cases that involve families with children.
* Child abuse is 15 times more likely to occur in families where domestic violence is present.
* Over 3 million children are at risk of exposure to parental violence each year.
* Reported cases of child abuse have increased by 63% in the last 10 years.
* Reported cases of fatalities caused by child abuse have increased by 48% in the past ten years.
* According to recent surveys, physical abuse represented 21% of confirmed cases, sexual abuse 11%, neglect 49%, emotional abuse 3% and other forms of abuse 16%.
* Approximately 45% of deaths occurred to children who have been former clients of child protective services.
* The general population of adults shows that anywhere from 6 to 63% of adults have been abused as children.
* It is reported that 9 to 10 million children , under the age of 18 are directly affected by substance-abusing parents