Monday, February 8, 2010

Funny things kids say

I have posted before some of the funny things Nolan has said. Today he said something that was funny and heartbreaking at the same time. He was watching the birds outside the window, a favorite pastime of his, and said "Oh, look at the cute birdie. I wish I was a bird. That would be fun, and birds don't have to have surgery". I think he is starting to worry a bit.

A few days ago he was asking lots of questions about how they put you to sleep and what it would feel like to be asleep like that.

Unfortunately, we found out that Rainbow Babies and Children is not on our insurance so we could not take an appointment to have his surgery completed on last Thursday. We have the issue all straight now. He will have surgery not at the hospital but a surgery center. However, the really bad news is he has to wait until the very end of the month to get in. That's really crazy. I have to try to keep him calm all that time. Its not going so well, that keeping calm bit. The more he moves around the further his intestines begin to protrude out too. I am just hoping we can avoid having to go in with an emergency issue before the end of the month.

1 comment:

Mommy Bear said...

Awww. I just want to give him hugs. I will be praying.