Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Review: Be Nice Prenatal Drink Mix


Recently I had the opportunity to try Be Nice's drink packets. They are made for pregnant women and can be used instead of prenatal vitamins or just as an extra in addition to your daily vitamin. It comes in two flavors, lemonade and berrylicious. I am not currently pregnant but I am breastfeeding an infant. As a busy mom to five I often find that a day nearly passes and I have not eaten as I should. I liked that by drinking this I was adding vitamins into my diet. Also, breastfeeding moms need to stay hydrated to adequately produce milk and keep healthy. Although I like drinking water, sometimes having a flavorful alternative is nice.

After trying both flavors I found I liked the Berry one. The lemonade wasn't bad at all but it was the berry one I found myself actually craving. I liked it very cold over ice or added to already very cold water. The first sip I took I didn't know what to expect. It took a couple sips before I realized I really was enjoying the taste and I was sad when it was gone.

I love that Be Nice has Stevia in it as a sweetener. I won't use artificial sweeteners as I don't trust them to be completely safe for my health and definately don't want them influencing the health of my unborn or nursling children. If you wanted to carry these with you to work or anywhere, really, they are in convenient pouches like you see the single servings of other drink mixes in. They are sized to be easily added to a bottled water.

The only thing I found that I didn't like about Be Nice was that if you let it sit for more than a couple hours after mixing it began to take an irony sort of taste. This happened once when I mixed some and had to leave the house unexpectely and did not take it with me. Normally I was more than happy to drink my complete amount up and did not leave it sitting around undrank.

WHen my box of Be Nice was gone I was quite sad as I really had developed a taste for it.

1 comment:

Little Miss Emmy Lou said...

http://littlemissemmylou.blogspot.com/
I wrote about BeNice too! Love that stuff so much!
I am now following you! Have a good day!